Pages

Friday 8 July 2016

Comic Artist Paul Martin Visits PES

Our Team 4 students have been studying Comic Art this term. They have also been looking at the elements used to create a comic/graphic novel in their literacy classes. New Zealand Comic Artist Paul Martin came to spend the day with our students and here is Charles recount of the day.

Has a comic artist been to your school before? On Wednesday the 22nd a special guest came to our school. PAUL MARTIN. We had a art day. He taught me how to sketch and draw better.


As a team He told us that he played for the chiefs. Paul Martin had to come to one of the classrooms the first class he came too is my class room 6. He Told us what should we pick out of background and how to draw anything else. I picked backgrounds. Sabrina gave me are pencil. I went off to a table and drew a background. I drawed space with the planets.  


The teachers had to pick 10 kids in a group to do a session with Paul and I was one of the kids that got chosen. He drawed a kiwi called Kory. Paul made Kory. Some people got his book I wasn't one of them that got a book. The book cost $15. After lunch he had to go. Thank you for coming Paul Martin we all thanked you for helping us and helping me draw better. THANK YOU I hope you come back soon.

WALT: Use capital letters and punctuation correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment